About Me

Curriculum Vitae

A brief list of my current skill set

MAME Cabinet Diary

Week One

Buying an empty cabinet

Week Two - Part One

Looking at the bits I'd bought

Week Two - Part Two

Wires and control panels

Week Two - Part Three

Cleaning it all up

Week Three

Replacing the control panel

Week Four

Control panel refurbishment

Week Five

Spraying panels

Week Six

Building the arcade PC

Week Seven - Part One

Coin mechs and painted glass

Week Seven - Part Two

Speakers and fans

Further Modifications

Adding a marquee and changing software


Gosh This Site Is Old
Thursday, 18th November 2021, 22:08

I might update this one day, but until I do take a lot of it with a pinch of salt!

Automatically Cropping Images is Hard
Monday, 21st October 2013, 19:00

But maybe we can use face detection?

The Git Cheat Sheet
Friday, 6th September 2013, 11:30

for github, bitbucket, that kinda stuff

CoffeeScript and TypeScript are a Burden
Saturday, 17th August 2013, 11:21

Be sure you understand the cons as well as the pros

Changing the Order of the jQuery Event Queue
Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 20:27

It's just a push to the left

Projects and Sillyness

MAME Cabinet Diary

How I built my own arcade cabinet

The Little Guy Chat Room

It's a Pitfall inspired chat room


A fully featured MP3 player what I wrote

GP Space Invaders

My first little emulator

GP32 Development Page

Some info and links about this cute little handheld

Disney Nasties

Uncensored images, you must be 18 to view them

Diary of a Hamster

Learn about how hamsters think, first hand


Time Calculator

A simple little online utility for working out how many hours to bill a client

A Few Links

Week Five

Saturday 2nd March 2002

This week, I have mostly been eating, worms. Well actually not, but I did take a trip to the local DIY store and purchase some suitable spray cans for tarting up the control panel. The first of these was a plain grey primer for the first coat, the second was a strange sort of white, black and grey fleck texture paint, designed to simulate granite. The last was a top coat varnish.

So on went the primer, wow, exciting stuff huh! I am only sorry I didn't include a video of the process. We probably did two coats of this.

Then on went the first of many coats for the textured paint, which really looked very very good, in fact way better than any of us thought. Lastly a bit of varnish over the top for protective measures, just in case someone gets a really high score in Pacman and leaves a bit of a stain.

If you are wondering what the logs are, we did this in the garden on the grass. They held down the newspaper and stopped it being blown about.


Add Your Own Comment