About Me

Curriculum Vitae

A brief list of my current skill set

MAME Cabinet Diary

Week One

Buying an empty cabinet

Week Two - Part One

Looking at the bits I'd bought

Week Two - Part Two

Wires and control panels

Week Two - Part Three

Cleaning it all up

Week Three

Replacing the control panel

Week Four

Control panel refurbishment

Week Five

Spraying panels

Week Six

Building the arcade PC

Week Seven - Part One

Coin mechs and painted glass

Week Seven - Part Two

Speakers and fans

Further Modifications

Adding a marquee and changing software

Bloggybits

Automatically Cropping Images is Hard
Monday, 21st October 2013, 19:00

But maybe we can use face detection?

The Git Cheat Sheet
Friday, 6th September 2013, 11:30

for github, bitbucket, that kinda stuff

CoffeeScript and TypeScript are Stupid
Saturday, 17th August 2013, 11:21

Don't use them!

Changing the Order of the jQuery Event Queue
Wednesday, 3rd July 2013, 20:27

It's just a push to the left

How Do Spammers Get My Email Address?
Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 18:03

I think these days I have a pretty good idea

Projects and Sillyness

MAME Cabinet Diary

How I built my own arcade cabinet

The Little Guy Chat Room

It's a Pitfall inspired chat room

GPMad MP3

A fully featured MP3 player what I wrote

GP Space Invaders

My first little emulator

GP32 Development Page

Some info and links about this cute little handheld

Disney Nasties

Uncensored images, you must be 18 to view them

Minna's World

The cuttest fluffy puppy in the world

Diary of a Hamster

Learn about how hamsters think, first hand

Utilities

Time Calculator

A simple little online utility for working out how many hours to bill a client

A Few Links

Week Two - Part Three

Sunday 10th February 2002

It's cleaning day, having stripped everything out of the cabinet it was time to remove every trace of vomit, pee stains (you'd be amazed how many blokes and even girls don't wash their hands after a visit to the lav) and dirty little germs from it. Out came the anti-bacterial cleaner, fairy liquid, and pretty much every chemical under the kitchen sink, with much scrubbing thrown in for good measure.

At the base you can see that the horrible rubber matting which was in worse condition than most 70s rock star's hairdos, has been ripped off completely revealing a discoloured wooden base. Everything else however has scrubbed up clean and I would say is probably in 8.5/10 condition.

After a bit of searching to find the correct bits, the black edging has been hammered into place courtesy of a groove in the chipboard, and then washed to make it look nice. Each side uses one long continous strip, and everywhere there is a significant angle, the extruding section of the edging has been cut away so as not to interfere with the change in direction.

The back is oddly enough in the worst shape, probably because of the odd chip whilst moving it around. Also usually being more unaccessible for cleaning when in an arcade, the dirt has accumulated over time. Still since it will also eventually be up against a wall in my office, thats no big problem.

Above is a closer look at the open coin doors, plus the now bare and grubby looking base which would need jazzing up somehow.

A bit of Mark's living room carpet from his loft was cut and fitted to the base (with some heavy man-handling to get it under the vertical coin box column) then secured using the two removeable metal grip-strips on either side.

Looking at the lower coing door is a noticeable hole where a short barrel lock should go, some of which I was searching for on ebay.

Anyhow that lot was enough work for this week, next up was to sort out the control panel.

Comments

Add Your Own Comment